Monday, May 31, 2010

Living the Dream

I'm a big of this idea, although I'm still trying to figure out how the whole things works...

I'm living in 'The Loft' with KJ and Brandon, which means that life is always an adventure. We've had several so far, including a trip to Percy Priest, weekly Nashville dinners, and most recently a camping trip to Florida. The only rule? No complaining. Both Brandon and KJ are copious documentarians of said adventures, and the pictures are all over the facebooks.

I spend about 2o hours a week at Lwala Community Alliance, this sweet non-profit that works with a health clinic started in Kenya by two brothers from the village of Lwala who went to med school at Vandy. So far I'm doing mainly office work, but I love it. I'm also looking for some kind of paying job here in the Nash, so far no luck, but I will not complain about 20 hour work weeks.

One of my summer goals is to read a lot, and with only 20 hours of work, that has not been difficult. Right now I'm in the middle of Pillars of the Earth, an Oprah Book Club novel about the building of a cathedral during the reign of King Stephen in medieval Britain. Love it - great easy fiction. In case you have any doubts, Brian is reading it too. To balance that I'm also reading Desiring God, by John Piper. It's challenging me to personalize what it means to be consumed by a search for joy in God. I have a feeling it's going to be life changing.

But that's enough on me, I want to know what the rest of you are up to!


No comments:

Post a Comment