Sunday, June 13, 2010

AFRICA!!

Okay, so I don't have much time to write, but here is a quick update for me!

I am wrapping up my time in Dakar, Senegal. I'm here on Summer Project with CRU, and I spend all my time each day sharing my faith with students at UCAD (Cheikh Anta Diop University. Don't ask me how you say that). It is so awesome here! Really hot, and a little smelly, but legit all the same. Our team has seen three students come to Christ, I personally walked one of them through the gospel. Let me tell you, there is nothing more amazing than seeing someone realize that God actually died for them. It is amazing. And, nothing strengthens and challenges your faith more than telling people about it for 6 hours every day. I only have days left on campus to talk to students before we leave Dakar to go out into a village and do some work there. As sad as I am to leave the campus, I am very excited to see what life is like in an African village. It should be incredibly interesting.

My team here is awesome. I am the only one from Vanderbilt, but its okay. I love them all. We have had tons of adventures around Dakar. Imagine an African amusement park. Legit.

Okay, they are taking the computer away from me now, so that's all I can write tonight!

I miss you all! See you when I get back to Nashville in July!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment