Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summertime, sweet summertime

Alright, well it looks like I'm going to be the first to double-post, so no judgement. Life at the Plantation is going splendidly. I used my MCAT registration refund to buy a hammock and I lay in the back yard all of the time...isn't that just ironic? We have family dinners about 4 times a week...I'm having a lot of fun cooking for the boys! Real life quote from Brion Lee: "Ally, it's not fair that you're better at cooking meat than I am, you can't even eat it!" :) Other than that, we've been taking advantage of Nashville in the summer...it's a lot like Vanderbilt, just minus the homework and exams and such! Last night we went to Centennial and brought blankets and watched The Blind Side...I made peach cobbler - so good! Last weekend, Brandon, Brion, Caroline Martin and I roadtripped down to New Orleans for Rachel Hodge's deb party. It was a great reunion! Rachel looked gorgeous, Bourbon St was debaucherous, the beignets at Cafe du Monde were incredible, and Katie Condrey jumped into the Mississippi. It was an awesome weekend. At work, my PI finished writing his latest grant and has started running around the lab like a chicken with his head cut off, so I've been working really hard. Hopefully it all pays off with a bi-line on a paper! Let's see what else....I've been spending a lot of time with my Young Life girls....still trying to convince them that everyone does NOT use pot, but it's falling on deaf ears at this point. Alright, back to work. Just so y'all know, I get SO excited whenever I see that someone has posted on this blog...I miss y'all so much!

Love,
Ally

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!!! You should write more posts like this one. Great blog,and you have a huge potential,just keep up the good work :)
    Do you have time to check out my blog? I think you'd like it.And your opinion is important to me. this is my blog url
    if you want we can follow each other? just let me know . :)


    http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete